sábado, 15 de febrero de 2020

El amor en los tiempos del cólera by Gabriel García Márquez


Actually even if this is one of the best books writen in the whole human history I can really say that this book was just NOT for me, and it have made me seriously doubt about keep reading any other book of the author.

Im a very practical person, so if you can express anything in one single sentence then I'd be more than grateful, but saying it in almost....40 sentences...I'd rather take my ears off, and that's the precise feeling I had while reading this book, was like passing pages just from one look because all the text was just for filling pages, but not really necessary.

If you follow me on Goodreads you will realise that I have qualified it with just ONE star because there weren't even too many memorable phrases to quote ( saying there were 4 it's too kind), so I don't have so much to say of this book, but if you are like me and prefer practical explanations then here it goes : 

-SPOILER ALERT-

The two principal characters met (kind of) when they were young, as in that time in order to start a relationship you needed the permission of the parents the kept a relationship by lettersfor years until they wanted to make the next step but father of the future bride to be, got in, and plans were ruined.

Being the first love interest for the male character, he promissed to never forget her and always save his heart for her, because he knew, one day, they'll be together...but that didn't mean he couldn't fool around as long he'd never gave his heart in the bussiness; and so he did it for years and years.

While the female character got married under the doing of her father with someone she didn't love but was acceptable to bare, got kids, got bored so traveled along the world for not to be in the same country, less say city as the husband.

Years went like that until both of them got old, the husband and the father of the female character died, she was alone and finally could got back with the first love..and as they were too old decided to go on board of a cruice and lift the flag of cholera so they wouldn't have to stop for a very long time.

-.-

That was it, that's the whole story in just a few practical sentences, no pretty phrases because the 80% of the book they are not even together so.............................................. yeah stil a one star mark for me.

I'm very sure a lot of people actually love this book but for ME is just a NO, but of course if it's for you or no at the end is up to you,, my words are only MY opinion after all. So suit yourself ! 


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario