sábado, 21 de noviembre de 2015

Review: A Girl by Any Other Name by M.K. Schiller

A Girl by Any Other NameA Girl by Any Other Name by M.K. Schiller
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Okay, this is the first time using this expression-my first language is Spanish after all- and besides I really don't like to say anything randomly, but oh dear god! This book has ruined me in matters of book boyfriends!!!!!!
Seriously I would give it five hundred times five,I love the book,I love the characters,I live the story!
This has made me laugh, has made me cry- fucking now than once- has made me breathless, reckless...i was screaming on a pillow by the end of the book!!!!!
I may have said that I'm in love with so many books, but this one definitely is the only til date that has made me feel,this way, I even had to take my time to reading it because I was way too emotional,to,process and enjoy the whole book!
This plop is marvelous! I watch a lot of action movies and crime scenes stuffs-believe me - but I never , not even once I stopped myself to think about all the struggling of all those people that goes into witnesses protection, I couldn't even imagine it ... And now this book... Just wow!
Okay this enough to realise that I'm totally and deeply crazy in looooove with this book, and probably with the author. I've read two books from her , and the two have became my personal favorites - come on I just read the first one TWICE!- so it looks like I already have a new answer for the question who your favorite author is ?, oh dear god! I'm starting reading all her work, I'm just hoping that the rest of her books are so good like the ones I've read...really that's the only thing I hope, and of course that there be,more laughing than crying.
Anyway regarding to the plot, as I said before everything is about a girl, ten years old, whose life-together with her father- goes into the witnesses protection program, in order to stay out the loop and in the low, they go to live to a little town in Texas, where she will be the neighbor of the town sheriff; and whose son would play one of a freaking great role in this little girl's live.
So yeah, they've met since 10 , yeah they've gone through the hate phase, crying phase, mocking,joking, pranking, jealousy, sex phase and everything in the path from childhood to adolescents.
And then they found love.
But not everything was so easy, the bad guys come into scene- for not giving spoilers- and they have to be apart- like really apart, again not giving up so much info-but a love like theirs , so ...perfect so complete couldn't just disappear.
So ten years later, we have our handsome grown man Caleb James Taner,-not longer a child- still looking for the girl of his dreams- not willing to give up on the idea she had just disappear of this world- going crazy as hell over the voice of one of her students, who sounds just like the voice of the little girl who just can't let go.
And now his brain is working on different scenarios in how be certain this girl,is real, and possibly "his girl" without risking to go to a mental hospital. And besides that, how to make her admits that she is the girl he have been looking for, when this girl has a completely different name.
Sophie Becker a shy girl that goes into the class of English literature in a community college in Portland with a very specific and personal goal to set, never thought she would be the one in trouble as soon as she said her name. But dealing with -apparently- a crazy handsome professor won't be the only problem,she would have to deal; unfortunately there are more dangerous things that would re open old wounds, worries and nightmares; while she is trying once again lo live a normal and happy life.
Of course , everything would go simply as soon as she realise who she really is , and to admits it to a certain someone.
Oh my god, would love to say so much more about this book , but I'm afraid I can't without giving up spoilers soooo....i only can say: There is love , sweet, chaste and pure as hot and breathtaking as well. There's fear and suspense as action, there's dread; there's happiness and anger and feeling or murdering as well as horror. This is one of the very, very few books that can provide the reader a big turmoil of emotions!!!!!-believe me .
So now , as this goes first in my favorites top shelf, I'll rather change into something more funny and light like "the do-over" so hoping to find one of Miss Schiller books with that.
Definitely a one fine, pretty awesome book; but not re reading it in a short Time soon- not thinking my heart could take it so fast.
Again LOVE IT!!!


View all my reviews

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario