sábado, 21 de noviembre de 2015

Review: Kulti by Mariana Zapata

KultiKulti by Mariana Zapata
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

That was a really good story.
This is the very first book that made me wanna reread it all over again just as soon as I finished.
I mean I knew that I’ve got to the end, and I knew that the ending was leaving my imagination open to fly with the last sentences, so I knew that I didn’t want a sequel but for some mysteriously reason I just wanna to reread the whole book all over again.
I never thought a book about sports could make the perfect background for that kind of story.
This is a really well detailed story, for once I got to read a book where the characters doesn´t fall in love immediately at first sight or for some kind of freaking unstoppable attraction that goes right away between them since the very moment they laid eyes on each other. Here we see the whole development of a relationship, - of course that it has a lot of things that wouldn’t go that way in real life, but nevertheless - we got to see a length of at least six months with ups and downs between the character and how assholes, guys could really be and the heroine has my deeply respect for the things she has to endure in that sport, and of course with a temperamental guy like that as well and besides, adding that has latin influence into it, it also makes it kind of cool.
This relationship, goes beyond the beginning of their relationship, it takes us to the foundation of the strengths and dreams of each one of them, their hopes in life and what they are really looking in life… how every single person in the world is looking exactly for their playmate and waiting their whole life in order to get to them.
I really loved the book, is mostly soccer talk - and that was a good thing because that’s a sport that I’m actually very well aware of, (latin American family here, please)- so… at least I wasn’t in a total loss there.
I can probably could keep talking about this book for veeeeery long, and I’m 100% sure as I’m already searching up the paperback copy to purchase it, that I’ll probably be rereading this one very soon.
LOVED IT, and those quotes!!! Dear God!

”I´ve been waiting, and I will keep on waiting until the time is right. You are my equal, my partner, my teammate, my best friend. I’ve made so many stupid things that you’ve made me regret- things I hope you will forgive me for and look beyond- but this, waiting a little longer for the love of my life, I can do…I have never wanted anything more in my life than I want your love, and I don’t want to share that with anyone. I haven’t done a single thing in my life to deserve you, but I will never give up on you, and I won’t let you give up on me”


View all my reviews

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario