miércoles, 25 de noviembre de 2015

Review: Seduction and Snacks (Chocolate Lovers #1) by Tara Sivec

BLURB
Claire is a twenty-something, single mom that grudgingly helps her best friend sell sex toys while she attempts to make enough money to start her own business to give her foul-mouthed, but extremely loveable (when he's asleep) toddler a better life. When Carter, the one-night-stand from her past that changed her life forever, shows up in her hometown bar without any recollection of her besides her unique chocolate scent, Claire will make it a point that he remembers her this time. With Carter's undisguised shock at suddenly finding out he has a four-year-old son and Claire's panic that her stretch marks and slim to none bedroom experience will send the man of her dreams heading for the hills, the pair will do whatever they can to get their happily ever after. Warning: contains explicit sex, profanity and enough sarcasm to choke a horse.
MY REVIEW: Seduction and Snacks (Chocolate Lovers, #1)Seduction and Snacks by Tara Sivec
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

AWWWWWW! the ending was just lovely- I mean yeah, it had a few scenes that made me laugh histerically and pray to God above that those things only happen in the mind of a talented author and not in reality, because seriously! A camera man getting a close up of my butt while I’m very well too displayed in the middle of the crime scene with my boyfriend… I think I’d just got myself some handcuffs, lock my guy and me together inside my house and never would go out! Haha!
Okay, being honest I started this book with high expectations, but after reading the first chapters.. I was just not getting near any of them; but - still being honest since Gavin started to say his first- of many to come bad words, the story hyper improved.
Now the story itself…it made me laugh, I think I even shed a tear in some point; but it doesn’t have a big plot, is most like the background for jokes-no drama, no problems at all- I mean she was a single mother and Carter? I really can’t state how I really feel about him, I was hating him the first part, then I was pitying him for not remember and always been searching for her, then I was expecting when he is gonna have a heart attack or do something severely stupid that would make him crawl to Claire begging forgiveness…but none of that happened, so all of that just reminded me that this is fiction, a book, something came out of a very good talented person in orden to make me laugh out loud.
So in other words, That’s what It is a really good story to make me laugh
Some quotes of this book?

My ears perked up at the sound of her voice like I was a dog and someone just said,”cookie”…”woof!”…”Did I just bark out loud?”… three heads bobbed up and down at unison
“I slept with your wife”…”I got confused. I meant to say I slept with your daughter”…oh my God, STOP!
“Give me two seconds and I will suck you like…”
“Ga ga ah-ahhhh,rama llama llama, want your bad bromance”. The sound of Gavin singing at the end of the hall froze us in place.

Just a few of them anyway, if I’d quoted every single one that made me laugh, I’m pretty sure it would take me a while.


View all my reviews

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario