sábado, 21 de noviembre de 2015

Review: Lingus by Mariana Zapata

LingusLingus by Mariana Zapata
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Mmmm 3.5 stars, I guess.
I´m definitely staying with Kulti, and NO, this was absolutely NOT like Changing His Game
It all started good and pretty much funny enough, I mean it was really good to read a book where everything related to sex was treated like a daily topic - which it was - and besides take it by the funny part.
So yeah, they practically clicked right away, - at least not by an unstoppable force of attraction between each other- they kind of grew their own feeling along the development of their relationship as friends first, which was pretty much great.
The thing here is: any couple has at least- and I’m being very generous here at least ONE FIGHT! What did they have? A jealousy attack for each one of them? …not buying it!
This is a book to have a great time with, but not a meaningful book , I would say… since the time the heroine realized the hero’s true identity… the whole book is focused on the path where both of them will be toguether. Nothing else. The secondary characters brings up laughter an nothing more. The hero brings up teasing and sexuality, and the heroine: humor, doubts and friendship… all of that finishing up in the way the reader was expecting. Not a single trouble or fight, of course without counting jealousy, selfcontrol and doubts.
I’m kind of sad… I was expecting something more Kulti style; but looks like this one stays behind it.
And I’ve been reading two books from this author by now.. so … what’s up with the heroine preferences about older guys? At least in this one, regardless of her preferences: she ends up with a stunningly hot guy very close to her age.
And besides all the sweet comments of the hero to the heroine, this is the quote I liked the most .

"You're like my moon. Pretty pointless according to other people, but without you, the world is pretty much over. I wouldn't have any stability, there wouldn't be any cool things like tides; if you broke like a million pieces you'd kill everything on the planet"


View all my reviews

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario