lunes, 7 de diciembre de 2015

Review: Bang (Black Lotus #1) by E.K. Blair

FYI:  I f*cking LOVE this book!! I just don't have enough words to talk about it; and my heart aches and breaks every single time I think of it. 

BLURB
They say when you take revenge against another you lose a part of your innocence. But I’m not innocent. I haven’t been for a very long time. My innocence was stolen from me. Taken was the life I was supposed to have. The soul I was born with. The ruby heart embedded in a life full of hopes and dreams. Gone. Vanished. I never even had a choice. I mourn that life. Mourn the what-ifs. Until now. I’m ready to take back what was always meant to be mine. But every plan has a fatal flaw. Sometimes it’s the heart. **Due to the dark and explicit nature of this book, it is recommended for mature audiences only as some scenes may be particularly disturbing.**
MY REVIEW Bang (Black Lotus, #1)Bang by E.K. Blair
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

OH MY GOD!!!
So much pain, so much sorrow... The good narrative of this book really allowed me to feel truly immersed in the story, the reader can actually be there with Elizabeth through all her painful past.
It's a great story with an overdose of suspense, and the memories of Carnegie and Elizabeth's dad are the most touching in the book together with the realization of the influence of Pike in Elizabeth's present, I mean how can anyone let go of the past if you're always to its side? .
It was a good story, I still can't believe that Declan is death, I'm 90% sure, though, that somehow he's not; but I'm guessing that every fan mud be thinking the same way.
Pike's story is really painful as well since the very beginning til the very end, he didn't find his redemption Elizabeth did, with Declan, but he only focused himself in Elizabeth as something else ,while she just couldn't share the same feelings with him... I'd really have loved to see him finding some kind of salvation in somewhere else.
About Bennett, I don't have so much to say,,is presented like a secondary character most than anything else, I guess one can find him like a husband whose wife have being unfaithful to him , nut nothing else beyond the fact that he was already suspicious of Elizabeth whereabouts.
And Declan , ok since the very first moment he exudes"Dom", a tender one I suppose, and as every book with BDSM involved says, those kind of relationships always required trust, so it didn't came as a shock when she realized that she was actually in love with him. But her story, all the hell that she went through, all the fucked up relationship with her brother, which leads him to believe he was Actually in love of her, the murder of her baby... Wow! It just breaks your heart.
You can't read this book without shred a tear, at least me.
It's a REAAAAAAALLY good story !!!
I can't wait to read th next one. Declan and Pike surely have to cone back someway, Declan in order to fave the real Elizabeth and Pike in order to revenge otle to attain Elizabeth back.
Somehow!.

View all my reviews

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario