martes, 8 de diciembre de 2015

Review: Romeo Redeemed (Juliet Immortal, #2) by Stacey Jay

BLURB
Seductive companion to the popular Juliet Immortal, in which former lovers—Romeo and Juliet—meet, not as true lovers, but truly as enemies. Cursed to live out eternity in his rotted corpse, Romeo, known for his ruthless, cutthroat ways, is given the chance to redeem himself by traveling back in time to save the life of Ariel Dragland. Unbeknownst to her, Ariel is important to both the evil Mercenaries and the love-promoting Ambassadors and holds the fate of the world in her hands. Romeo must win her heart and make her believe in love, turning her away from her darker potential before his work is discovered by the Mercenaries. While his seduction begins as yet another lie, it soon becomes his only truth. Romeo vows to protect Ariel from harm, and do whatever it takes to win her heart and soul. But when Ariel is led to believe his love is a deception, she becomes vulnerable to Mercenary manipulation, and her own inner darkness may ultimately rip them apart.
MY REVIEW Romeo Redeemed (Juliet Immortal, #2)Romeo Redeemed by Stacey Jay
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

mmmmm, I guess I'm pretty much into the Shakespeare´s version, so I was hoping that in some kind of way - I mean there's a lot of parallel dimensions in this story- Romeo and Juliet could actually stayed together!!
So it was well known-since book one- that Romeo would stay with Rosaline, so this book is definitely a crazy way to put Romeo together in the path which would lead him to her, So when we have Miss Little Mermaid in scene, is already Know that she would be in somehow of way , Rosaline. As at the end was.
It was a good teenagers story , but nothing beyond that!, the whole madness about ambassadors, mercenaries, changing bands, traveling in time, rotting bodies, the miraculously Juliet's tomb scape, and the freaking me-Rosaline, me-Ariel all in the same head was in my humble words,, like a desperate attempt to get the happy ending for Romeo.
I would give it one star, but what can I say ? I did enjoy the first one!
So if you ask me!, no,I really wasn't thrilled with this one, definitely giving the first one to my nieces, it has a more solid background than a twisting changing of everything in order to get Romeo happy.

description

View all my reviews

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario